Saturday, November 20, 2010

Καθορισμός μιας τρύπας

And it really doesn’t matter if I’m wrong I’m right where I belong, sings Paul McCartney on his latest album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Facebook Band, which sits high on the iTunes charts. Boy, is he not kidding. He’s taking the time for a number of things that weren’t important yesterday. So should we. On the surface it seems like business as usual, with the heads of big Internet companies sitting down with John Battelle and Tim O’Reilly at this week’s Web 2.0 Summit. The Android tablets are starting to drop now; they’re half the size, half the weight, and amazingly the same price. What? Here’s some guy with a Comcast XFINITY iPad app, which lets me control my DVR at home but doesn’t let me view any of the network content that is choking the hard drive nor the on-demand versions that would let me not record them in the first place. What? Much is made of data portability but how it ain’t gonna happen because it wouldn’t be good business. Mark Zuckerberg was personable and engaging and all that good stuff, but why on Earth would he want to fix something that is so not broken? Why would Evan Williams want to give away Track for free when he can release a new iPhone app with Track push notification tied directly to our credit cards? What?

No comments: